.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

After The Beep     Officially Discombobulated©
The text running across my forehead....

Monday, February 10, 2003

beeeeep!

Hello? Pick up if you're there. .......... Are you there? Hello?

No?




So. I've thought about doing one of these before. Didn't think I'd have enough to say. But now....

I've always known that I'm a very quiet person. Small talk isn't my greatest talent, nor is speaking my mind. Sometimes I'm just content to sit there and say nothing, and to have even less going through my head. A few stray thoughts flitting here and there between the penguins that bustle around in the spare nine-tenths of my mind, mostly relating to what is happening around me at that moment. Music, news, what's on the television or the radio. Books I've read, games I've played, films I've seen. And, like most people I suspect, conversations that never were or just might be.

Everyone does that, they must do. They remember how arguments and conversations went in the past and wish they'd gone another way. What they should have said to make their point clearer. How they could have made more of their contribution. What they really should have said. Then we run through future conversations in our heads to ensure we say what we mean or need to say the next time.

I don't think that's madness, is it? It's normal, has to be.

So I'm thinking now of a few things I want to say to someone, which is how I got here. That's the trouble with this 'stream of consciousness' crap: it's very leaky and it carves it's own path. Thinking of that prompted me to push those penguins aside and organise my brain into something more capable of expressing itself. I'll talk to her later.

As for you, whoever you may be.... Welcome to the Scrolling Marquee Of My Mind. Read here in the future, and see what runs across it. We'll be bored, confused or surprised together. But I can't promise you'll enjoy it.



"When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained." - Mark Twain

click

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home