.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

After The Beep     Officially Discombobulated©
The text running across my forehead....

Friday, February 14, 2003

beeeeep!

I've got to mention it.

"A man is being questioned by anti-terrorism police after smuggling a live hand grenade into the UK through Gatwick Airport. The arrest followed a security clamp-down at London's other major airport, Heathrow, which involved tanks and a military cordon. The BBC's Margaret Gilmore said she had learned that the military operation was sparked by MI5 intelligence that a group was plotting to shoot down an aircraft.

A spokesman for the home secretary said people should not "jump to conclusions" about the Gatwick arrest. "It is not uncommon for people in airports to be discovered with some form of weaponry. It doesn't mean they are all al-Qaeda terrorists," he said."


- BBC News

Scary stuff.



On another note, I am currently wrestling with my new (but second hand) laptop. The damn thing won't talk to my PC, though it should. I have far too much stuff to shift across to do it with, like, floppy disks or anything. I could do a CD for it, but what's the point of a network card if you do that?

I'll tackle the little bastard tomorrow. Or rather later. Because.....

No work tomorrow!! Just my car getting seen to (lost mudflaps, whacked out tracking and possibly worn brake pads) and then the train all afternoon up to the freezing wastes of Scotland.

You know, sometimes I really wish I had more interesting things to write about. But then perhaps the Edinburgh Goth Weekend will produce interesting tales aplenty....



Gort... Klaatu... Barada.... Ni-hur-hurg-hurgh!

click

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home