.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

After The Beep     Officially Discombobulated©
The text running across my forehead....

Tuesday, February 11, 2003

beeeeep!

...Yeah, so that's how it is, okay? And no, we don't have to "live with it".



If you've just joined us, we're talking about violence and all round nasty behaviour.

It worries me sometimes just how much of it there is in the world, from the viciousness between two people all the way up to the sort of intolerance and hatred that shakes the world. I wish there was a solution, because we really need to sort it out.

I want to go on a mountain top, with a radio and good batteries, and play a joyous tune and free the human race from suffering. - 'Alarm Call', Björk

If only it were that simple. Can you imagine the size of the speakers you'd need to reach everyone?

And then, one Thursday, nearly two thousand years after one man had been nailed to a tree for saying how great it would be to be nice to people for a change, a girl sitting on her own in a small cafe in Rickmansworth suddenly realised what it was that had been going wrong all this time, and she finally knew how the world could be made a good and happy place. This time it was right, it would work, and no one would have to get nailed to anything.

Sadly, however, before she could get to a phone to tell anyone about it, a terribly stupid catastrophe occurred, and the idea was lost forever.
- 'The Hitch-Hiker's Guide To The Galaxy', Douglas Adams

We're all searching for the Ultimate Answer, even though we aren't sure of the Question.



Getting deep all of a sudden, isn't it?



On a more personal note: I'm beginning to hate my job. I've spent so long not having to do anything that now I have to I don't want to anymore. Like most people want to work, anyway. And it's the worse time to feel this way; the end of the tax year is approaching, which means lots of complicated crap with the payroll package we support needs to be done and I really just can't be arsed.

Perhaps I just need a holiday. Or more sleep. Or to get my mind back on doing work rather than thinking about other things. The only problem with the first two is the job is still there afterwards. And the last? I don't want to, I like thinking about those things.



Make Lots of Money, Enjoy the Work, Operate Within the Law: Choose 2.

The brain is a wonderful organ; it starts working the moment you get up in the morning and doesn't stop until you get to work. - Steven Wright

Work is the price you pay for money.

Hard work often pays off after time, but laziness always pays off now.



Man invented language to satisfy his need to complain. Amen to that.

click

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home