.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

After The Beep     Officially Discombobulated©
The text running across my forehead....

Friday, March 14, 2003

beeeeep!

Today, finally: The Friday Five!

1. Do you like talking on the phone? Why or why not?

Not really. I'm quiet in person, but I'm worse on the phone. Most of my 'conversations' are monosyllabic affairs unless I really have something to say. And I don't really like ringing up places when I don't know exactly who I'm going to be talking to or precisely what I'm going to say. I'm just not very good at it.

2. Who is the last person you talked to on the phone?

Someone who called up our payroll support number asking for one of the companies who used to be where the payroll company used to be in Newcastle under Lyme. No idea who they were, but I wish they and all the others would buy a new phone book.

3. About how many telephones do you have at home?

One phone line, two cordless phones.

4. Have you encountered anyone who has really bad phone manners? What happened?

Other than me? There is this guy at one of our customers who, when you are talking to him, always says "uhuh" every time you say a sentence, presumably to let you know he is paying attention. That really annoys me, so that might count.

5. Would you rather pick up the phone and call someone or write them an e-mail or a letter? Why or why not?

Depends who they are and what I have to say to them. A simple message can be more easily sent by e-mail, interactive communication is better for finding out problems and suggesting solutions.



Comic Relief

Yup, it's back again, as if you didn't know. Well, if you're outside the UK you might not, I suppose.

So lots of odd things are on or will be. Celebrity Fame Academy? I hate reality TV crap, but this isn't really. Not that I've been watching it. But it sounds like it's been a load of fun, what with Ruby Wax who simply can't hold two notes together if she used glue and yet seems set to win. Cool. I never watch the big show either; I've got better things to do.

And there's this 'Battle of the DJs' thing on Radio 1, which is only worth mentioning for the slightly different version of that TV advert where said DJs are pushing each other off the decks to play their tunes. Whereas before they'd put on the latest chart hits, in this version they put on 'Shaddupaya Face', 'By The Rivers Of Babylon', 'The Birdie Song', 'Agadoo' and other cheesy stuff like that. Classic.

But maybe, this year, I'll actually give some money. I've meant to the last few times but I never remembered to ring them up and pledge. So this year I'll try to fix it in my head and do it.

And have you checked out the speaking clock? You should, it's not as serious as it usually is...



"In charity there is no excess." - Sir Francis Bacon (1561 - 1626), Of Goodness, and Goodness of Nature (1625)

click

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home