.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

After The Beep     Officially Discombobulated©
The text running across my forehead....

Friday, April 11, 2003

beeeeep!

Firstly... Can you say "over-egg the pudding?" Thought so. So can I. Just look at Wednesday's entry. But then, that's what I'm thinking, so, well, that's the point of all this, right? I don't write everything I think here... we'd be caught between long pauses of the wind whistling between my ears broken up with brief moments of insane ramblings. So you, oh readers, get snapshots instead.

Here's another one: I'm wracked by self-doubt and non-confidence just at the moment. I'll admit it, it relates to the same thing as Wednesday's entry. I need cheering up. I hope this weekend will do the trick. I'd better not drink too much or I'll end up blubbering into my beer.

Yeah, that's right, I'm overdoing it as usual. Being a bit self indulgent. And if you are out there, reading this... I'll apologise later.

But anyway...

The Friday Five Strikes Again!

1. What was the first band you saw in concert?

You know... I've never seen a band in concert. Not a 'real' one, only pub/student bands, and I'm not sure they count. Yeah, sad isn't it? I've been seriously deprived of good live entertainment. I just don't know anyone who goes to these things, and I've never really felt inclined to go.

2. Who is your favorite artist/band now?

Hard to say... I've always liked Portishead and Björk. Recently, as dedicated readers will know, I've added some new artists/bands (and one old one) to the mix, and I quite like Röyksopp's album. Aqualung is good too. But a favourite? I'm not sure I have one. I just like lots of things at the moment, no one specific.

3. What's your favorite song?

I quite like 'Strange And Beautiful' by Aqualung... And for reasons beyond my control I do like what will be the new single by t.A.T.u. "Not Gonna Get Us." Weird. Röyksopp's "Eple" and Coldplay's "Clocks" never fail to cheer me up. But all time favourite? Ummm... "Sour Times" by Portishead, the live version from the Roseland Ballroom NYC album. That's probably the best candidate. Maybe says too much about me, I think.

4. If you could play any instrument, what would it be?

Guitars are portable and widely used, as I'm sure you know, but the piano would be best I think. Someone once told me that the advantage of the piano is you can play it and have Michelle Pfeiffer roll around on the top of it at the same time. While I might not necessarily agree with the choice of Ms Pfeiffer, I do agree with the sentiment. Plus there's a lot of lovely music out there for the piano.

5. If you could meet any musical icon (past or present), who would it be and why?

The original rock and roll artist: Mozart. Or maybe David Bowie. Don't know why; guess he's just an interesting guy.



"Music is the only language in which you cannot say a mean or sarcastic thing." - John Erskine (1879 - 1951)

click

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home