.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

After The Beep     Officially Discombobulated©
The text running across my forehead....

Friday, May 30, 2003

beeeeep!

Lets get some of that Friday Five feeling!

1. What do you most want to be remembered for?

Saving the world. So, no pressure.

2. What quotation best fits your outlook on life?

How about "Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something." (Robert Heinlein (1907 - 1988), Time Enough For Love) Or perhaps "I like the word 'indolence.' It makes my laziness seem classy." (Bern Williams) Both of those are very glib, however. So instead: "If it is important I'll do it; otherwise, why bother?"

3. What single achievement are you most proud of in the past year?

Not sure. I haven't done much in the last year worth speaking of.

4. What about the past ten years?

I suppose that would be actually managing to pass my Physics degree. Just pass, mind, nothing more spectacular than that. It's a BSc, but I usually refer to it as a bronze swimming certificate (bsc, see?) as it's about as much use, seeing how I use physics about as often as I swim.

5. If you were asked to give a child a single piece of advice to guide them through life, what would you say?

Wow, that's a biggie. No, that's not the advice. The advice would be, er... "Walk, don't run, unless you must sprint." Or maybe "Better to light a candle than to curse the darkness." Or "Be not afraid of proceeding slowly, be only afraid of standing still." How about "A good laugh and a long sleep are the two best cures." Then there is "Of all the strategems, to know when to quit is the best." Alternatively, "Never be ashamed! There's some who'll hold it against you, but they're not worth bothering with." There are too many to pick one.



And talking about quotes...

"I never have found the perfect quote. At best I have been able to find a string of quotations which merely circle the ineffible idea I seek to express." - Caldwell O'Keefe

click

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home