.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

After The Beep     Officially Discombobulated©
The text running across my forehead....

Friday, July 25, 2003

beeeeep!

Now this week's Friday Five is actually quite interesting... I'll do my best to answer it.

1. If your life were a movie, what would the title be?

'Life In The Corner', the quirky tale of a geek with less of a life than a bowl of gravel.

2. What songs would be on the soundtrack?

Definitely 'Human Behavior' by Björk... And almost certainly 'Creep' by Radiohead and 'How Soon Is Now' by The Smiths. Since those are the ones I thought of straight away, that means I can't think of any more. But then, I wasn't asked for the whole soundtrack.

3. Would it be a live-action film or animated? Why?

Either would work. But an animated film would make for good daydream sequences...

4. Casting: who would play you, members of your family, friends, etc?

Tricky. With so many people to choose, who to pick on? Sorry, I mean pick out. Someone short for me, I guess. With small hands. Too many choices. It's enough to make me settle more on an animated feature, as voices would be easier to cast. Not much easier, but easier.

5. Describe the movie preview/trailer.

Starts with a simple table, with the aforementioned bowl of gravel in the middle. Camera zooms in, then suddenly zooooms in to reveal uninteresting but comical moments from the film intended to illustrate that my life is not that dull after all. In fact, it looks quite fun.

[when people finally go and see the movie, they realise that the trailer showed them all the best bits and the film is a total flop]



And yes, I have used this quote before... Fits though, doesn't it?

"Life is like a B-picture script. It is that corny. If I had my life story offered to me to film, I'd turn it down." - Kirk Douglas

click