.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

After The Beep     Officially Discombobulated©
The text running across my forehead....

Friday, August 08, 2003

beeeeep!

[cue exciting news-type music]

Work News! Work News!

Okay, it's not that interesting. But with the weather as hot as it is just now, the air conditioning keeping the big server computers cool in Andover can't do their job. They shut themselves down last night to avoid melting into slag. And today they weren't any better. So an ultimatum was sent to the bossman there: get them cooled or we'll have to shut the computers and the whole place down at 12:30. Bossman said: make it so.

So the computers were turned off. And I got to go home early!

The upshot of this: pizza, and Terminator 3 at the cinema. It really is quite good. They stepped around the whole "but we destroyed SkyNet" thing very well and it has possibly the most unexpected of endings.

Incidentally, has anyone else every played the now rather old FPS "Terminator: Future Shock"? Now that is a cool game. All those high up, narrow gantries gave me computer-game-vertigo; I was scared of the virtual heights! Such depths still get my heart racing now. It's the mark of a good game, that is.

And now... laadiiiies and gentlemennn... I give you... The Friday Five!

1. What's the last place you traveled to, outside your own home state/country?

Well, in my case I guess it's country and that would be... I suppose it would be somewhere in France, last actual time I've been out the country, which was well over six years ago I think. Sad it's been so long. I wish I got more real going-away type holidays.

2. What's the most bizarre/unusual thing that's ever happened to you while traveling?

Ummm... Not really got one. The journies themselves tend to be quite dull.

3. If you could take off to anywhere, money and time being no object, where would you go?

Re: a lot of my previous answers to similar questions, it would be that quiet hi-tech dream house by the sea on a beach somewhere. Some of that no-object money would have to go to getting it built, but there ya go.

4. Do you prefer traveling by plane, train or car?

Depends on the journey length I suppose. No real preference, except that when I usually travel by car I'm the one driving, so it's not really restful.

5. What's the next place on your list to visit?

I could do with a first place to being with, don't you think?



And as an interesting aside...

CWINDOWSDesktopPirates.JPG
Pirates of the Caribbean!
What movie Do you Belong in? (many different outcomes!)
brought to you by Quizilla


I'm not sure that works. Does it work?



"Aaarrrr!!" - MT Hed

click

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home