.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

After The Beep     Officially Discombobulated©
The text running across my forehead....

Thursday, August 21, 2003

beeeeep!

Holiday Viewing

I've had a few movies on DVD lying around to watch so I've been catching up. Nothing really major.

Good to see Die Another Day again; it must've made an impression because I actually bought it. Good laugh, good entertainment. Occasional depth. I liked the sword fighting sequence, that was jolly. All the extras (I got the two disc special edition, obviously) were interesting too.

Then yesterday was Minority Report day. Another good film. Not the usual irritating whitewash of sentimentality you expect from Mr Spielberg. Except for the stuff about his son, and the home 'videos' of him. But hey, at least there was no sickening, tearful reunion. The kid stayed dead. Good story too, I thought. Some nice societal science fiction in there. It's intended to be very much a Film Noir, apparently. It does sort of work.

But today... The Usual Suspects. I really like this film. Top actors, ace story, very clever. Some say they guessed the secret right away or really early on. Maybe they did; all I know is I don't go looking for such things, so I rarely see them coming. Maybe I'm lazy, I don't know. But still... Excellent.



Agree, disagree? That's what the comments are for.



"A wide screen just makes a bad film twice as bad." - Samuel Goldwyn (1882 - 1974)

click

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home