.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

After The Beep     Officially Discombobulated©
The text running across my forehead....

Thursday, August 14, 2003

beeeeep!

Is anyone else bored of all the talk about people getting their A-level results? They keep going on about it on Radio 1; maybe I should just stop listening for the moment. But it's all on the TV too and every other radio station.

I know it's stressful, but it just irritates the hell out of me hearing about it all the time, and all the stuff leading up to taking them too, all the revision help and that kind of thing.

I didn't need any helplines or crap like that. When I was taking mine I just got on with it and didn't winge half as much as the useless whiny gits do now. I went in, did the exams, forgot which questions were which and put the exams and results out of my mind till the day came to find out how I did. I read the results, thought "oh, okay, university then" and went home. I didn't even ring anyone to tell them. I wasn't a top flight student. I got B in maths and C in both physics and computing. I just didn't think the whole thing was worth getting into a massive flap about.

And all the business with people opening them live on radio/tv: how dull. In some instances it's cruelly interesting (or realistic) because they don't actually get what they need. But most of the time it's the usual people doing it: the girls who panic when revising, always saying they're doing nothing at all and are going to fail, the same ones that come out of their A-level exams crying and saying they failed... And get ~ten~ straight 'A' grades.

Same every year. Bor-ring.



"Examinations are formidable even to the best prepared, for the greatest fool may ask more than the wisest man can answer." - Charles Caleb Colton (1780 - 1832)

click

1 Comments:

  • Indeed. And such an easy topic for reporters as well.

    What was that Woody Allen line about why God, if he's testing us, doesn't just set a written paper?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Thursday, March 23, 2006 9:49:00 pm 

Post a Comment

<< Home