.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

After The Beep     Officially Discombobulated©
The text running across my forehead....

Friday, September 19, 2003

beeeeep!

It's the Friday Five's second birthday today. Huzzah!!

1. Who is your favorite singer/musician? Why?

Favourites certainly include, predictably, Björk. Throw in Portishead's Beth Gibbons too, I guess, because I like them as well.

2. What one singer/musician can you not stand? Why?

Jah Rule annoys me, as does Sean Paul. Add to them ninety percent of manufactured/clone band members and you've got the whole set. I could probably go on for ages if I really thought about it.

3. If your favorite singer wasn't in the music business, do you think you would still like him/her as a person?

What sort of question is that? I like the music, I don't know them.

4. Have you been to any concerts? If yes, who put on the best show?

Sadly, no. Yeah, I know, I'm deprived.

5. What are your thoughts on downloading free music online vs. purchasing albums? Do you feel the RIAA is right in its pursuit to stop people from dowloading free music?

I buy albums when I want the whole album. Most of the music I have downloaded is random tracks from all over the place I can't get any other way without paying for a whole CD. As for the whole downloading issue, it would be good if they could find a way of making people pay for them, even if it's only a little bit, like fifty pence per file or something. It's going to happen whether the record companies like it or not, better to introduce a minimal payment. The whole downloading music thing is going to be the way everyone does it before long anyway.



"Music has charms to soothe a savage breast / To soften rocks, or bend a knotted oak." - William Congreve (1670 - 1729)

click

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home