.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

After The Beep     Officially Discombobulated©
The text running across my forehead....

Wednesday, November 19, 2003

beeeeep!

At work down here in Andover, users need a digital signature to send e-mails to the outside world. I've been waiting for mine for ages, but I never really needed it till today. I had a load of stuff, just some text, I wanted to send to myself so I could get it later but I couldn't.

So I saved it all as an unposted post on my blog and cut it out and pasted it into a text file when I got here.

A bit long-winded and probably unnecessary, but it worked.

So now I have my notes on how to make an html document print out using page breaks so it moves to a new page when you want it to. And a whole lot of strange truths. Here are some now...

A duck's quack doesn't echo, and no one knows why.

In 10 minutes, a hurricane releases more energy than all of the world's nuclear weapons combined.

On average, 100 people choke to death on ball-point pens every year.

On average people fear spiders more than they do death.

Ninety percent of New York City cabbies are recently arrived immigrants.

Thirty-five percent of the people who use personal ads for dating are already married.

Elephants are the only mammals that can't jump.

Only one person in two billion will live to be 116 or older.

It's possible to lead a cow upstairs ... but not downstairs.

Women blink nearly twice as much as men.


More to come later.

And, lastly...

HASH(0x8795ecc)
G# minor - You are not totally happy, and you know it. At least you are trying to do something about it. You like to think and create to try and sort out your problems. Keep going the way you are, and you will soon be on speaking terms with your demons.
What key signature are you?
brought to you by Quizilla




"Truth is more of a stranger than fiction." - Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)

click

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home