.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

After The Beep     Officially Discombobulated©
The text running across my forehead....

Monday, November 24, 2003

beeeeep!

Computers Are A Bitch

Pretty much my entire weekend was dedicated to observing the slow resurrection of my PC. The older hard drive, which had all my games on it, had a bad sector fit a couple of weekends ago. So I got myself a new drive in order to drive-copy my system drive onto that and my games drive onto my then-old system drive.

Unfortunately, the games drive had corrupted a really important Windows file which then prevented my new drive from booting. So we had to reformat the new drive and reinstall Windows et al from scratch, a dull and tedious exercise. At least I had not lost all my files and documents and so forth.

Unfortunately, again, once Windows was pretty much sorted out we put the games drive back in to try and get the save files and whatnot off it... which corrupted that system file again, so we had to start from scratch, again.

This basically took all of Saturday and Sunday (between and during the Doctor Who @ 40 Weekend on UK Gold, good stuff), so barring a brief ten minutes on Sunday morning to inform my online friends where I'd been I actually have not been really online since the early afternoon of Friday.

Horrible. I've missed things. A terrible crime.

And now, of course, I have to go back down to Andover today... which means I won't be able to get my PC sorted at all until Thursday.

Bastard.



"In a few minutes a computer can make a mistake so great that it would have taken many men many months to equal it." - Unknown

click

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home