.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

After The Beep     Officially Discombobulated©
The text running across my forehead....

Monday, January 19, 2004

beeeeep!

Wrong

I've been feeling a bit wrong today.

Partly it's the usual disaffected feeling everyone gets when it seems like things aren't going the way they might have wished. Partly it's the ongoing realisation that I have taken an interest in something (don't worry, something all legal and ethical) for dubious reasons. And partly it's because I've done something I probably shouldn't have. Again, legal, but probably unethical, if on a rather small scale.

So that left me feeling a bit wrong about everything, a bit down, and then I was on the phone with my mother. And, as I have been saying all along, apparently I'm not allowed to beam out any negative waves for her sake. Just think what she has to be putting up with, she says. I just need to get on with it, she says (the "it" being the damn boring job and the travelling up and down the country every week that said job entails). Positive mental attitude, she says.

Bollocks, says I.



P.S. I was going to delete that previous entry, because of [censored], but I haven't in the end. Oh well.



"For every human problem, there is a neat, simple solution; and it is always wrong" - H. L. Mencken (1880 - 1956), Mencken's Metalaw

click

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home