.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

After The Beep     Officially Discombobulated©
The text running across my forehead....

Tuesday, February 10, 2004

beeeeep!

Gulf

I was talking to someone last night, and it struck me how much more this person knows about things that I know very little about. She's six, no, seven years younger than me but she has about ten times as much life experience as I do, and not much of it good. I find myself with nothing to say about these things, and there's this massive gulf that opens up between us at those times. It always leaves me feeling a little empty and a whole lot sad, because I'll never really understand these things and I think that nothing I can do will ever, I don't know, dull the pain, I suppose.

There are times when I am glad my life has been as dull as it seems to have been. But then, I've never been tested. She's a whole lot more stronger than I am, I think, though she would no doubt disagree. Very, very strongly disagree, in fact, and she might not be wrong to do so.



"I, on the other hand, have a degree from the University of Life, a diploma from the School of Hard Knocks, and three gold stars from the Kindergarten of Getting the Shit Kicked Out of Me." - Captain Edmund Blackadder, Blackadder Goes Forth

click

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home