.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

After The Beep     Officially Discombobulated©
The text running across my forehead....

Monday, March 01, 2004

beeeeep!

Cat No More

Well, she's gone.

She looked alert when I got there, but that was the painkillers talking. She was looking around and enjoying being stroked, even purring. But she was clearly very ill. So we had a little time together, then the vet gave her the injection and she slowly slipped away.

I've known that cat longer than I've known all my friends. I'll miss her terribly.

I asked the vets to get her privately cremated so we can spread her ashes around the garden. She deserves that.



"Cats are smarter than dogs. You can't get eight cats to pull a sled through snow." - Jeff Valdez

click

3 Comments:

  • I'm sorry to hear (read?) about this. It's never easy when a pet dies, especially one you've spent such a long part of your life with. At least you know that she had a wonderful life with you, and when her time came she was a content kitty.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sunday, March 19, 2006 12:12:00 am 

  • It is good to know that. She had it good, and left us gently.

    I've never known a nicer cat either. Always friendly and affectionate.

    An angel.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sunday, March 19, 2006 12:14:00 am 

  • I'm late in offering my sympathies, but they're there. I know the pain of losing an animal is quite harsh.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sunday, March 19, 2006 12:14:00 am 

Post a Comment

<< Home