.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

After The Beep     Officially Discombobulated©
The text running across my forehead....

Monday, May 17, 2004

beeeeep!

Creativity

Marnie wrote some poetry. I commented on it. She said I should write some myself so she could critique it.

So, here's a poem. From me. A bit derivative, if you know what to look for.

I wish a lot
But about it I do
Not a jot

Ambition is for
Other people
With get-up-and-go

Mine got up
And went

Only myself to blame
Biggest fool
In the Fool Hall Of Fame

The things I want
Always out of reach
I don't stretch for them

Don't know how
I hate that


And to follow that... a haiku. I did a few a while back. Can't remember when; you, oh reader, can go looking if you want.

One day the key to my heart
That I gave to her
She will use it and bring joy


Comments, critiques, laughter: leave a message.



"[Poetry] is the lava of the imagination whose eruption prevents an earthquake." - Lord Byron (1788 - 1824)

click

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home