.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

After The Beep     Officially Discombobulated©
The text running across my forehead....

Tuesday, May 18, 2004

beeeeep!

I Queue For Haiku

The last ones I did were in October last year, on the 24th. These ones follow the 5-7-5 pattern instead of the 7-5-7 pattern I just used. Not sure which is right, or more right, or whatever. Here they are again, anyway.

When I hear no word
I imagine disaster
and hope for good news

(go to post)

My days are empty
No rhyme or reason I find
Without thoughts of you

(go to post)

So there you go.



"Freedom of expression is the matrix, the indispensable condition, of nearly every other form of freedom." - Benjamin Cardozo (1870 - 1938)

click

4 Comments:

  • I didn't even notice the syllable count of the latest one you wrote. Apparently I have a complete lack of observation skills. Yeah, I'm pretty sure haikus are 5-7-5, although there are forms for longer ones.

    I like these haikus! Definitely better than mine. :P

    The first starts out depressing, but then that last line comes outta left field and, bam!, the mood changes.

    The second can have either a happy or sad tone, depending on how you read it. Sweet. :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Saturday, March 18, 2006 10:50:00 pm 

  • Heh :)

    My (brief) research has shown that yes, 5-7-5 is the standard form for haikus.

    And not only were those the first on the blog, they were the first I'd ever done as well.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Saturday, March 18, 2006 10:50:00 pm 

  • Your first ones, eh? That means you've got... mad skillz!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Saturday, March 18, 2006 10:50:00 pm 

  • The mad bit I'll certainly agree with ;)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Saturday, March 18, 2006 10:50:00 pm 

Post a Comment

<< Home