.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

After The Beep     Officially Discombobulated©
The text running across my forehead....

Monday, May 31, 2004

beeeeep!

Long Weekend

It has been, and there's still a bit more to go yet. Although technically tomorrow is also a day off, I have to drive down to Andover in the afternoon, so it's not off all that much really.

But, I haven't done much, which is good. Mind you, today I'm surprised I didn't go square-eyed. I watched seven episodes of Angel from season two, with a 'break' for four Babylon 5 season four eps in between, one after the other. The Angel eps were all Darla-fied, which was fun, especially when Drusilla showed up.

She makes me laugh. Freaky and funny, in a scary-mad-witch kinda way. Everything she says makes sense, it's like she's prophesying all the time. Like, in a flashback she's calling Darla 'grandmother' and then says 'I could be your mummy'. In the "present" she turns the raised-and-human Darla into a vampire... Cool. She talks about fire... five minutes later they are on fire. Not so cool, for them anyway.

And I finally looked her up... Juliet Landau, who plays Drusilla, is indeed the daughter of Martin Landau as I had suspected but never bothered to check. She has the same look about her face. And her mother was Barabra Bain, who was in Space 1999 with Mr Landau.

And her accent is fake. She's American, after all. But you never know till you find out.

I like the accent too.

B5... just started on the War For Earth. Soon Sheridan will get captured, and lots of cool stuff will happen.

And on the plus side of going back to Andover, I should finally get my Firefly DVDs back. Yummy.



"Yeah! Yeah! Spank us till Tuesday! Rrrr... We promise to be bad if you do!" - Drusilla, Reunion episode 10, season 2 of Angel

click

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home