.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

After The Beep     Officially Discombobulated©
The text running across my forehead....

Thursday, July 29, 2004

beeeeep!

Done Some Packing

The garage loft, where all the books and toys of YesterYear (tm) have been stored for an age, has been cleared out and yes, even vacuumed. Not by me; I'm not that anal about cleaning.

I've actually thrown a lot of my old toys away now: Action Men without heads and their broken vehicles; an utterly filthy Millenium Falcon and X-Wing; Zoids without all their parts; fragments of Action Force vehicles and their endless collections of small plastic guns; little toy cars. That kind of thing. Some stuff I've kept, though, just to keep them.

If my brother was around while we were doing this, he'd be keeping everything. Every last thing, down to the tiniest widget or broken plastic wotsit. He's like that. I'm far more ruthless with regards to crap I've not seen for over a decade and wouldn't really miss.

I've packed away some of my books, too. It's scary sometimes how many I have, and I haven't even done them all yet. We're operating on a plan of splitting stuff between 'needed now or soon' and 'stored away till we have the space'. Most of my books, so far, have fallen into the second category. I'm planning on having a big tall bookcase in my new room, but since I've not even seen the place yet it's just pure speculation.



"Where is human nature so weak as in the bookstore?" - Henry Ward Beecher (1813 - 1887)

click

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home