.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

After The Beep     Officially Discombobulated©
The text running across my forehead....

Monday, July 12, 2004

beeeeep!

Weekend Watcher

A quiet weekend again, really.

Got my new mobile phone all sorted out, so the Bluetooth headset got replaced because it didn't turn on and I got the software and a Bluetooth USB adaptor so I can load things onto my phone from my PC, like a decent ringtone.

Yeah, thrilling, ain't it?

Pretty much the only other thing I did was watch DVDs. I watch the latest Andromeda DVDs, which are as consistently awful and "what the fuck?" as ever. What were they thinking, really? The 'mysterious and mystical' Rev Bem episode was purest shite, bollocks used in place of decent writing. Bah.

But mostly it was a weekend of Angel. I finished watching the fourth season at last, with the last eleven episodes all watched yesterday (which was Sunday 12th, of course). Damn fine stuff. Not a duff episode in the lot, and it tied together a whole lot of the big whys of previous impossible things happened, all the way back to the first season... or maybe even earlier.

So now, some quick bullet points:


  • The Beast rocked. Serious Dude Factor Ten for the big stoney guy. Can't beat a good unbeatable, implacable foe for a good time.

  • Always nice to see Angelus out and about. There's another fella who knows how to have fun being Eeeevil. And Mr Boreanaz enjoys playing him too, which is a bonus.

  • Lovely to see the lovely Gina Torres again. She did a good job as lovely-but-creepy Jasmine. Have I used 'lovely' too often? You decide.

  • Dark Wesley is so much fun to watch. Him and Lilah are certainly an... interesting 'couple'. And plenty of angst type stuff at the end of it... which is always good, done right.

  • Connor is a div.

  • In case you missed that: CONNOR IS A DIV. He constantly believes anything any of the women in the show tell him. Except maybe Fred... and the one person he really should have listened to. I'll not say who, don't want to ruin it more than I have already.

  • Faith. She's the best. Rules the roost. Eliza Dushku does wonders. I need say no more on that topic.

  • Everything else? Top class.


Final words... Interesting to see how the W&H thing gets set up for season five, finally. And good to see how Faith gets out so she can shift over to Buffy (did I say Faith was very cool?) and exactly how Angel gets that amulet thingy he gives to Buffy who then passes it on to Spike, which leads to... things in season five of Angel I only know about in the vaguest sense.

I look forward to see season five... however and whenever that happens.

And yes... I have used the following quote before; and yes, it's got nothing to do with season four, but it's so damn funny.



G: "How can I thank you, you mysterious black-clad-hunk-of-a-knight-thing?"

A: "No need little lady. Your tears of gratitude are enough for me. You see, I was once a bad-ass vampire. But love, and a pesky curse, defanged me. And now, I'm just a *big* fluffy puppy with bad teeth. No! Not the hair! Never the hair."

G: "But there must be some way I can show my appreciation."

A: "No, helping those in need's my job. And working up a load of sexual tension and prancing away like a magnificent poof is truly thanks enough."

G: "I understand. I have a nephew who's gay, so..."

A: "Say no more. Evil's still afoot. And I'm almost out of that Nancy-boy hair gel I like so much. Quickly! To the Angel-mobile! Away!"


- Spike's Entertaining Voiceover Between G(irl) and A(ngel), In The Dark, episode 1.03


click

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home