.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

After The Beep     Officially Discombobulated©
The text running across my forehead....

Wednesday, September 29, 2004

beeeeep!

Adrift

I am adrift.

My sails wait for wind
That will never come.
I have no course
Save that set by the waves.

My compass, once so accurate,
No longer shows me the way.
My destination, once so clear,
Is lost in the fog.

I hold to the same heading
Knowing I will not land
At the port of my choice.

I sail in circles.
I travel nowhere.
My journey may end
At a place not of my choosing.

Will I be shipwrecked?
Or will I find a friendly shore?
Will I welcome that land,
Or set sail once more?




click

3 Comments:

  • This poem is very well-written, even if it's depressing. :P I'm so jealous; every time I try to write a good poem, nothing so impressive comes out.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Friday, March 17, 2006 8:51:00 pm 

  • I had a few fragments to work with initially... adrift, ship, sails and compass. The rest came as it came. And the fact that the last lines rhymed was a total accident.

    I guess the main 'image' is the raised sails... the love that receives no love in return (wind).

    All very deep, eh? ;)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Friday, March 17, 2006 8:51:00 pm 

  • the love that receives no love in return (wind).

    Aww. Reading that made me sigh. The feeling certainly packs a punch. Yes, it is very deep. :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Friday, March 17, 2006 8:52:00 pm 

Post a Comment

<< Home