.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

After The Beep     Officially Discombobulated©
The text running across my forehead....

Monday, September 13, 2004

beeeeep!

Packing It In

Packing for the move is very time consuming. It's a basic truth of moving that you never have any real idea how much stuff you have until you have to find enough boxes and bin bags to put it all in. The kitchen, the last room we have to pack up into boxes, is the worst by far.

What's odd, though, is the number of pictures we have hanging around (literally, of course) and how many of them seem to hide when their neighbours are being hoisted away. We keep walking into a room previously cleared of pictures and finding more that somehow escaped the cull.

On top of that was the fact that the contracts for the people buying the house of the people buying our house only got exchanged today. This has been a major stress point and the reason why a lot of things like post redirection have been held up till now.

My mother is, understandably, very stressed about it all. I was glad of the opportunity to go into the garage earlier today and tape some boxes shut, because I was by myself... no 'can you do this' or 'help me a moment' interrupting whatever I am doing... and no need to repeat myself all the time because either I don't speak loud enough (or mumble) or my mother's going deaf or something. Possibly both, perhaps.

Mind you, a lot of the time when I'm back from Andover I find myself thinking 'just leave me alone for a minute, will you?' I know it's because I don't get bothered by my boss much when I'm in the flat, and my mother seems to get all her talking done when I'm there because there's no one home but her the rest of the time. Its still annoying... but I feel bad about it. Which is also, overall, annoying. Bah.

On a different note... I'm thinking of adding something like "officially discombobulated" to the top of this blog. I think it would fit.



"Discombobulated (adj) : having self-possession upset; thrown into confusion."

click

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home