.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

After The Beep     Officially Discombobulated©
The text running across my forehead....

Wednesday, October 27, 2004

beeeeep!

Just... Stuff

Not a lot going on with me just now.

A bit of investigation has revealed the annoying high pitched whistle my router makes is Not Normal. If I'd known this sooner I would have got it replaced... it might be too late now. I should've done it before now, but it hasn't really bothered me until recently, as I just turn it off every night when I'm actually at home. I know some people who have the same router and don't keep it in their bedroom... maybe they'll do a swap?

I'm trying to get something for someone's birthday, but the site I'm buying it from won't accept my credit card; apparently, it doesn't like the address I've been typing in. Unfortunately, to ensure I'm entering it correctly, I need to check my latest credit card statement... which is about a hundred and seventy miles away and I won't get to look at it till tomorrow night. As the item in question has to come from the US, and the birthday is in less than three weeks, it's slightly vexing. I want it ordered now, dammit.

Perhaps most importantly, I'm very concerned about someone just now. They've been feeling very down of late, constantly struggling to keep their head above the monetary waters, working very long hours for pitiful pay and not having enough to cover all the household bills. They are only one in the house working, for various good and bad reasons (one unable to for sort-of-good reasons, one not working because... we don't really know why), and all the money that comes in goes right back out again, and there's not enough of it. Then there's the awful luck, the constant disasters, and the debt collectors. When last I spoke to this person, they were tired, stressed, and at the end of their tether.

I worry.



"The reason why worry kills more people than work is that more people worry than work." - Robert Frost (1874 - 1963)

click

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home