.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

After The Beep     Officially Discombobulated©
The text running across my forehead....

Wednesday, November 10, 2004

beeeeep!

Computer Alias

Sounds like my home PC is on the mend. A system files restore thing that Windows 2000 can do using the install CD has, from what I last heard, restored the damaged file(s) and got Windows up and running again.

Needless to say, the first thing I'm going to do once I get back home is do a complete backup. I've been lax with doing my backups, and I'm sure the fact that I was thinking of doing one last weekend made the computer make itself crash. They're sneaky that way.

I use a 120GB USB external hard drive and the NT Backup that comes with Windows 2000. Does the job splendidly.

On a different note, I've finally seen all of season two of Alias now, mostly on Saturday evening/night when my PC was not working. Fantastic stuff. Action, drama, fights, pathos, tension, comedy, Jennifer Garner in her underwear; this show has everything! And Lena Olin as Irina Derevko makes a good villain, even when locked up; mysterious agendas and misdirection aplenty. Damn fine characters and actors all round, actually. I've just started watching the episodes with the commentaries on them; some interesting insights and a lot of banter. Including some extra outtake footage from Phase One where Jennifer Garner accidentally lets go of a metal wine bucket and whacks a stuntman around the head with it. Hi-larious.

I'll get back to watching the Firefly episodes with commentaries next. I've seen two already, and finally heard alot of the insider stuff I'd only read about until now.

I have Farscape: The Peacekeeper Wars on video CDs to watch this weekend. I can hardly wait.



"[SPOILER]" - John Crichton, Farscape: The Peacekeeper Wars

click

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home