.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

After The Beep     Officially Discombobulated©
The text running across my forehead....

Sunday, December 05, 2004

beeeeep!

The Saga Of The Router

So... my router (a D-Link DSL-504T) started making this high-pitched whistle noise whenever it was on and connected to the ADSL. Not loud enough to be heard over the computer, but loud enough to be very annoying when everything else is off, like when I'm going to bed. It's in my bedroom, you see.

So I called up their tech support and arranged to have it sent off. I sent it on a Monday by Special Delivery (i.e. guaranteed next day). They got it the next day... and sent it right back that same evening, complete with a note that said something like "we have completed our analysis and fixed the problem".

It still made the same noise. Bollocks had they fixed it.

I rang TS again and the guy could not understand why they had not replaced it. The problem was a condensor, he said; it dries up and makes the noise, the only thing to do is replace the whole router. He gave me a number to call for the warranty people.

I don't know exactly who I got on to, but it didn't seem to be the warranty people. Eventually they seemed to get what I was talking about and set up another case number thing for me, telling me to send it on to the same people again and they would send me a replacement.

They sent back the same router. It still made the noise. It even had the same "completed our analysis and fixed the problem" note attached.

I was pissed off.

So now it's in the care of the person who made the order from Dabs.Com in the first place, since it would take his order details and credit card to arrange for a refund. If they won't do that, based on their shoddy support and stupidly useless returns department, then I'll happily smash the thing with a hammer, buy a new one made by some other company, and never buy anything from D-Link ever again.

Useless fuckers.



"Complain to one who can help you." - Yugoslav Proverb

click

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home