.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

After The Beep     Officially Discombobulated©
The text running across my forehead....

Friday, January 07, 2005

beeeeep!

Home Office

So, my boss is taking on a huge amount of work here in Andover, which means he's not going to be in the office in Sheffield much, if ever. He doesn't see the need to pay almost £5000 rent for the year if it's not going to be used much, since I'm only there two days of the week myself.

He's suggested I work from home. While this does involve a five second commute and access to all my stuff (PC, music, DVDs etc) when things are slow, it does have the problem of me actually really having to make myself work. Plus, to dial in using the laptop I work on would involve taking up the home phone line during office hours.

He has put forward the idea of installing another phone line... but I really don't like the idea of having to move stuff around and out of my already cramped room in order to accomodate a BT engineer. I'd have to move my entire desk and everything on it, plus the small set of drawers on one side of it and the bedside table on the other. It's just too much effort... so we'll be going with the use of our own phone line instead, for the moment at least. The dial-in number is a free 0800 number, so cost fortunately isn't an issue.

We'll see how it turns out, I guess.



"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the wall of our own homes." - Harold B. Lee (1899 - 1973)

click

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home