.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

After The Beep     Officially Discombobulated©
The text running across my forehead....

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

beeeeep!

Car Trouble

So, my car got taken away on Friday for it's repairs. Unfortunately, it didn't get returned in time before I came down to Andover, so I'm down here in a bulky, strange car. In the worst weather we've had so far this year. Without de-icer spray, window scraper or gloves. Just bad timing, really.

My car got returned yesterday, which is no use at all because I'm not there. But then the people I've got the courtesy car from called up asking when they could come and collect it. I said I was in Andover, meaning to go on and say that I would call them to reclaim when I got back home. Instead they asked a very stupid question.

"We can come and collect it from Andover if you like?"

My answer should have been why yes, come and collect this car and leave me stranded halfway across the country but I managed to restrain myself.

Idiots.

ROUTER UPDATE: It doesn't make any noise at all, so that's good. And it doesn't go wrong on any website I've tried to access so far. However, I do need to buy a new wireless card for my laptop.



"If the automobile had followed the same development cycle as the computer, a Rolls-Royce would today cost $100, get a million miles per gallon, and explode once a year, killing everyone inside." - Robert X. Cringely, InfoWorld magazine

click

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home