.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

After The Beep     Officially Discombobulated©
The text running across my forehead....

Friday, March 25, 2005

beeeeep!

Driving Me Crazy

Okay, so my boss broke his left arm a few weeks ago, and he can't drive. This has meant me having to drive him to and from work when I'm in Andover, whish isn't that much of a problem since a) I was going there already and b) he leaves work earlier than I usually do, so I get to leave earlier too.

However, yesterday I had to take him back home to Sheffield as well. Just by going home myself I'm eighty percent of the way there anyway, but the real problem was twofold.

Firstly, it meant I had to go further and then back again, adding about an hour and a half onto the end of the journey.

Secondly, I had to put all my stuff that normally sits on the passenger seat (my bag, mp3 player/radio link thing and phone) elsewhere, when there really is not anywhere else for it all to go and still be within reach.

Oh, and two other things. I couldn't really enjoy the music I was listening to with an audience; and he made me take a diversion around a bit of slow traffic that took longer to go around than the time we would have spent in the queue. Stupid.

When I said I'd do it last week it didn't occur to me until later on the problems it would cause. Neither did I realise that it meant he wanted me to take him back down there again on Monday too. That's the Bank Holiday, Easter Monday. A holiday. I'm only driving down there then because I can't be bothered to change the routine by driving on Tuesday and working Wednesday to Friday, since it would also mean driving back along the motorways on a Friday evening, never a fun proposition.

I ummed and aahed enough about not knowing what I'd be doing on the Monday and so not knowing if or when I'd be able to pick him up that he finally gave up on the idea and said he'd get the train instead. Which was kind of the whole idea of the vagueness, so, plan successful.



"The only aspect of our travels that is interesting to others is disaster." - Martha Gellman

click

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home