.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

After The Beep     Officially Discombobulated©
The text running across my forehead....

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

beeeeep!

The Inevitable Sort-Of Vague Allusion To Stuff

You knew it was coming.

So, one of those talks happened again last night.

End result? Still good friends, but nothing more, and never will be. No change there then.

There was a definite sad feeling at the time, despite the number of times that conversation has brought us to the exact same place. It lingers even now. But there is also, as usual, a sense of release, which is the best way I can describe it. It's kind of a feeling that says "well, now that's decided, time to get a move on."

That feeling needs to last, so I actually can. Mostly it struggles with the feeling that I don't really want to move on, despite the fact that I'll just be pointlessly stuck in the same place I've been in for the last, oh, year or two. What can I say, I'm as stupid as the next person. Unfortunately for me, the person at the next desk is Bob McStupid, the stupidist McStupid in all of Clan McStupid, so I might be in serious trouble.

So, a checklist:

  # Not be stupid.
  # Mentally gear up for moving on.
  # No, seriously, do it.
  # Most importantly, try and get a life in order to do the above.

Wonder if that will help?

Oh, and you just know this will appear again in the Friday Haiku. Bound to, right?



"Without friends no one would choose to live, though he had all other goods." - Aristotle (384 BC - 322 BC), Nichomachean Ethics

click

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home