.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

After The Beep     Officially Discombobulated©
The text running across my forehead....

Monday, June 13, 2005

beeeeep!

E-Mail Cutback

So, where I work in Andover, we've had two ways to get on the net. Our own Pcs have access through a controlled internet gateway thing, which prevents access to "filthy things", all online e-mail sites like Hotmail and Yahoo, and a few other sites (no GeoCities sites, for some unknown reason). However, being in the IT department means we have another PC, not on the network, that allows us unrestricted access, very handy for checking our own e-mails.

Until now.

A few weeks ago the ISDN router it connects through Just Went Wrong. And, finally, after it got looked into, it was revealed that it would "cost too much" to see about repairing/replacing it, and it was "only" a "luxury" anyway.

End result? I can't check my e-mails while I'm in the office anymore. This actually annoys me far more than you might expect, and certainly more than it does everyone else. I would say it's completely out of order and needs sorting out, but I can't think of a good enough argument for getting it done beyond my own personal requirements, born entirely of my well-documented net addiction.

Useless bastards the lot of them.



"I have no life, just e-mail." - Michael Jantze, The Norm (Daily Comic Strip)

click

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home