.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

After The Beep     Officially Discombobulated©
The text running across my forehead....

Thursday, June 30, 2005

beeeeep!

Suffering

I really hate hayfever. It's not so bad today, after the cooler night and the rain, but yesterday it felt like my head from the nose upwards was filled with a reservoir of water that never ran out, and that the sneezing and nose-blowing never stopped for twelve hours straight.

Lovely.



"I used to wake up at 4 A.M. and start sneezing, sometimes for five hours. I tried to find out what sort of allergy I had but finally came to the conclusion that it must be an allergy to consciousness." - James Thurber (1894 - 1961)

click

6 Comments:

  • Ack! I have no allergies, but I know what a stupid stuffed-up runny nose can do to one's mood. Not good at all! I hope the weather changes to a non-hayfeveresque condition.

    And the new look shocked me at first! I was like, "Oh nos! What has happened to After the Beep?!" Very tramatic! You must prepare people for things like this!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sunday, March 12, 2006 11:07:00 pm 

  • Loosely related to your thurber quote:

    I enjoy thurber but have never been a huge fan of him... or so I thought until yesterday on Jeopardy! they had a whole category on him and I got every question right and the nitwits actually on the show maybe got 2. Losers!

    Um.... good times.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sunday, March 12, 2006 11:07:00 pm 

  • Marnie: There was a warning... it's just one post down from this one ;) It'll take some getting used to, for me too.

    Phoe: Good on you! Almost every quote I use is procured from a quote site; I enter a word and select the one I like the best from the list the search throws up. So I guess this one was a good choice, eh? ;)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sunday, March 12, 2006 11:07:00 pm 

  • MT Hed, a warning is supposed to occur before one is shocked!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sunday, March 12, 2006 11:08:00 pm 

  • Good point.

    *takes notes*

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Wednesday, March 15, 2006 9:28:00 pm 

  • I think it IS a good quote. Because I, too, am allergic to conciousness. And pollen. But mostly conciousness :P

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Wednesday, March 15, 2006 9:28:00 pm 

Post a Comment

<< Home