.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

After The Beep     Officially Discombobulated©
The text running across my forehead....

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

beeeeep!

A Tad Off-Cold

It's very warm today. More than it was yesterday, maybe. I've heard that yesterday it was warmer in Glasgow than it was in Honolulu. That's a bit much, I think. We Brits always complain when it's too cold AND when it's too hot, we're never satisfied. It would probably be better if it was grey and a bit chilly all year round.

I have a fan here at work, of the air moving variety, about three feet away over my right shoulder. The temperature gauge on the wall near me says... 30.4 degrees Celsius. Back at the Andover flat I have another big fan that's all mine and stops me from melting. Back at home it's warm upstairs but so cool downstairs you'd think we have air conditioning.

Fortunately, the hayfever season seems to be over for me. You have no idea how much better that makes me feel.

Oh, and Windows XP combined with Norton Personal Firewall 2005 can sometimes be extremely fucking annoying when they inexplicably stop a program (one that was working before) from doing things across the net for no good reason that I can determine by proxy, i.e. by talking to someone miles away on IM. If I had been there I probably would have been able to sort it out, but as it is the problem remains a mystery and a bloody pain in roughly equal measure.



"What dreadful weather we have! It keeps me in a continual state of inelegance." - Jane Austen (1775 - 1817)

click

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home