.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

After The Beep     Officially Discombobulated©
The text running across my forehead....

Monday, January 16, 2006

beeeeep!

First Day

It went okay. Didn't have to do much; spent most of the day taking a look around their intranet and reading up about the company and what they do. The rest of it was spent staring at some programs, trying to work out just how they hang together and function.

I ate an 'Italian B.M.T.' at Subways for lunch; a foot-long parmesan and oregano roll, with ham, Genoa salami, pepperoni and honey mustard sauce. Heavenly.

Only two problems. The only sounds are the clicking of computers and soft conversation, i.e. no music or radio or anything. And, worse... no internet access. Now, that's not a problem if I'm busy all the time, which I may well be. But half the country could sink into the sea and we'd not know, because we don't get to hear or read any up-to-date news. Ah well.

I have a half-day induction course on Friday, and four more next week. They also say I won't be up to speed on how everything works and such until I've been there at least a month. So it should be fairly plain sailing for the moment.

Hopefully.



"Nothing is easy to the unwilling." - Nikki Giovanni

click

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home