.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

After The Beep     Officially Discombobulated©
The text running across my forehead....

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

beeeeep!

Car Blah

So I got word (or rather I had to phone them to find out). The garage ordered the parts, so in other words they're fixing my car, not junking it. It "should be done next week some time", apparently.

So, when I went to extend the temporary insurance cover on my hire car (which I've had to change to another one as the washers don't work) they tell me I should have been charged for it before. So this time I have, about £120 which doubles the cost of the hire for the next couple of weeks. I am not impressed.

Then my renewal notice comes in the post. It's more than doubled to £906. I am not impressed.

I try online quotes from two other insurance companies. One seems to reject me completely; the other gives me a quote of £1766.

I am not fucking impressed.



"The best car safety device is a rear-view mirror with a cop in it." - Dudley Moore (1935 - 2002)

click

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home