.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

After The Beep     Officially Discombobulated©
The text running across my forehead....

Saturday, September 23, 2006

beeeeep!

One Web Day

So, yesterday was One Web Day, a day for people to "reflect on how the web had changed their lives".

The answer for me at least is obviously "immensely". Certainly I am 'addicted' to the sites I like to go and read and/or participate on (RPG.net, StarWarsEpics.com, FireflyFans.net and more besides) and there are many people who only know me by my various online sobriquets. Some of those I have managed to meet up with in recent years, and have become more involved with some than others. Some I will never probably meet, but a few I would never have expected to meet (because they live so far away) I have in fact met, usually at conventions.

I have more of a 'life' online than off, to be honest.

I was thinking on this before I found out about One Web Day, but perhaps I should use this blog more. I don't really have the sort of friends I discuss my life stuff with, so maybe I could put it here instead.

Except for some things that will never be mentioned, of course. I'd have to do something odd like start another blog elsewhere under a totally different name to do that. Not that I've ever done that, of course...

The majority of the folks that know me, under my real or most-used identity, don't know about this blog. As far as I know, anyway. I'll certainly keep it that way as long as I can.


Anyways, no haiku last week because I was at another Firefly/Serenity convention. One particular aspect of the weekend put a very negative spin on it for quite a while, but thankfully I'm past that now and in the happy place again. Except for one thing: I did not get a photo with Jewel Staite this time, and with all the big hugs she was giving out (to judge from the pictures I've seen) I really missed out. You lucky bastards!!

And no haiku this week because I got home too late and I've written this instead.


CAR NEWS: my headlights were not properly aligned when I got my car back, and the mechanic who subsequently fixed it (and the wonky washers) said it should never have been let out on the road like that. Fucking typical.


The building work at home continues slowly. The bathroom is now moved and just needs tiling, lighting and the new shower fitted, while the now ex-bathroom needs finishing off. There more, but it's dull.


I still have much less in my savings than some think I do. This is really not good, and it's not likely to change soon, which could cause problems...



"Dream the life" - autograph, Gigi Edgley

click

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home